Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- Nonstick cooking spray or olive oil cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast tenders, skinless
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sliced raw almonds
- 1 dash sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
Time to prepare 15 mins
Time to cook 20 mins
Servings 4 servings
Combine honey, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl; mix well. Chill.
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Line baking sheet with foil; lightly coat with spray.
Combine eggs and water in a medium shallow bowl; whisk to blend.
Soak chicken in egg mixture for 30 minutes, turning once; set aside.
Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag; shake to combine.
Working with a few pieces at a time, lift chicken from egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, and drop into bag containing bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat; repeat with remaining chicken.
Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until no longer pink in the middle and golden brown.
Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.