Sicilian-Style Shrimp and Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe is light and filling! It has a great flavor and there is just enough crunch left to the cauliflower for it to be perfect!
When accompanied by a light salad, this recipe can make 3-4 servings... if served alone, I would gauge this as 2-3 servings. It can also be made without shrimp for those that prefer a vegetarian diet.
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, tails removed
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole-grain panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Lightly coat an 8x8 / 2 quart pan with spray and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil (4 tsp. total) in two large skillets over medium-high heat.
- To one: add cauliflower, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until cauliflower begins to soften.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper to taste, sage, lemon zest. Mix well.
- To second pan: cook shrimp until cooked through.
- Once both skillets are finished, combine the cauliflower mixture and shrimp.
- Add mixture into baking dish. Top with bread crumbs, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- While that is baking, you can throw together the salad!
- Combine lettuce mix, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and 2 tsp. olive oil. Toss together.
- Enjoy your meal!