Yummy Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas!
This recipe is packed full of flavor and protein! It's an easy recipe to throw into the instant pot and walk away.
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (or diced tomatoes with green chiles), no salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, and sliced
- 8 6-inch whole-wheat flour tortillas, warm
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa
- 8 tsp. low-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- cilantro, finely chopped
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 hrs and 20 mins
- Turn 6-quart Instant Pot to high sauté setting.
- Heat 1½ tsp. olive oil to hot.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add 1 cup water, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, pepper, lime juice, and chicken. Follow manufacturer's guidelines for locking lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer's guide for quick release, and wait until cycle is complete. Carefully unlock and remove lid, taking care that there is no remaining steam.
- Evenly divide mixture between tortillas. Top evenly with salsa, yogurt, avocado, and cilantro.